T, E, H… Bottle drawings and terminology can be difficult to read. COMPAX is happy to help you debunk the standard codes. Keep in mind that, although the letters are the same, they may refer to different measurements for closures instead of a bottle.
- “A” is the diameter of the lip undercut.
- “B” is the diameter of the neck bead.
- “E” is the diameter of the wall at the base of the thread.
- “H” is the height, or vertical distance, from the top of the finish to the bead or to the shoulder.
- “I” is the inner diameter, or the minimum opening through the finish and the neck.
- “N” is the thickness of the lip for a snap fit neck.
- “T” is the outer diameter of the thread.
- “W” is the height of the bead.
- “Z” is the width of the land, or top sealing surface.